Bad Theology

Friday, April 14, 2006

Daddy is Strict

One day, a man came to see Daddy at the house. They went into the parlor to talk.

I was playing on the veranda, and heard them through the open windows.

"You've got to give a little," said the man.

"No," said Daddy, "I don't. It's my company, I founded it, and if these jokers don't like the pay they can quit."

"I'm telling you," said the man, "This strike will ruin the business. You'll lose millions."

"I don't care," said Daddy, "Nobody betrays me, crosses me and wins."

"The bank is not gonna like this," said the man, "they're not gonna like this at all."

"Screw the bank," said Daddy. "I don't forgive and I don't forget."

Later, the company filed for bankruptcy. The equipment was all auctioned off. Daddy went to the auction and bought the good parts for pennies on the dollar. He put them in a new company.

I guess Daddy was right. It pays to be strict.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home